People don’t come with best-before dates. Life continues to offer endless possibilities for creating a series of personal bests at any age.
Believing that exercising our brain is just as important as our body, Jill is the developer of a number of unique, scientifically-based wellness programs which use music and dance-based movement as powerful tools to stimulate and challenge both the body and the brain.
Through her classes and speaking engagements, she has set out to educate older adults on how best to maintain physical and cognitive health throughout a lifetime. Believing knowledge gives the power to make wise lifestyle choices, her emphasis is on showing people how to THRIVE, not merely SURVIVE, into advanced old-age.
Better With Fitness is a fitness and wellness education program for older adults, based on scientific research into the importance of social connection for both personal and community wellness. It is a fun-filled way to exercise body and brain in a challenging, non-competitive atmosphere of friendship and support for all.
The Eden Mills Tappers are a tap dance group consisting mainly of seniors whose mission it is to dispel the negative myths of aging through their light-hearted, tap- dancing, snapshots of life. It’s a terrific cardio workout as well!
READ – CBC catches the spirit of The Eden Mills Tappers https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/kitchener-waterloo/eden-mills-tappers-myths-of-aging-1.5172109
LISTEN TO – CBC Radio Interview with the Eden Mills Tappers https://www.cbc.ca/listen/live-radio/1-104-the-morning-edition-k-w/clip/15719133-eden-mill-tappers-prove-youre-never-too-old-to-try-on-some-tap-shoes
The Great Brain Workout is a physical and cognitive tune-up for the body and brain. Whether you are concerned about staving off dementia, or simply wish to maintain a healthy active brain, this fun-filled class will challenge you to (literally) think on your feet.
- Geriatric Certificate Program – McMaster University
- Jill has worked with both the Alzheimer and MS Societies in Ontario
- Dignity and Vitality in Dementia Study – Research Lead
- Dancing with disAbility – Director
- Alzheimer Society of Ontario, Minds in Motion – Physical Activity Lead
- The Great Brain Workout – Developer
- NCCP – [FMS] Fundamental Movement Skills
- CCAA – Seniors Fitness Instructor Certified
- Canfitpro – FIS Certified
- Canadian Falls Prevention – Trained
- Osteoporosis Society – BoneFit® Certified Instructor
- Dancing with Parkinson’s – Trained Instructor