A great deal of contemporary scientific research suggests that challenging one’s thinking and coordination, can stimulate the body’s production of neurotransmitters. Many of these chemicals, serotonin and dopamine for example, also happen to be some of our most powerful mood-enhancing hormones (Akhtar & Khan, 2017).
Creating innovative wellness programs for your body and your brain!
Dancing with disAbility is designed for those with Parkinson’s, MS, cerebral palsy, stroke deficits, traumatic brain injury, and other movement challenges. Together we work on balance, coordination, and fluidity of movement.
The Body, Mind, and Movement Program for Brain Fitness class is like a weekly tune-up for your brain (Butera & Elgelid, 2017). “Use it, or lose it!” is extremely applicable when it comes to the human brain. Following class, participants report feeling more focused, having greater clarity, and feeling a heightened sense of emotional well-being.
Better with Fitness is a community oriented fitness and wellness pilot program in Eden Mills and Rockwood Ontario. It offers a variety of fitness and dance classes focusing on the belief that personal wellbeing is a benefit to the entire community.
- Geriatric Certificate Program – McMaster University
- Dignity and Vitality in Dementia Study – Research Lead
- Dancing with disAbility – Director
- Alzheimer Society of Ontario, Minds in Motion – Physical Activity Lead
- Body, Mind, and Movement Program for Brain Fitness – Developer
- NCCP – [FMS] Fundamental Movement Skills
- CCAA – Seniors Fitness Instructor Certification
- Canfitpro – FIS Certified
- Canadian Falls Prevention – Trained
- Osteoporosis Society – BoneFit® Certified Instructor
- Dancing with Parkinson’s – Trained Instructor
To book a MAINTAIN YOUR BRAIN AS YOU AGE speaking engagement contact Jill at: